“The LORD is my shepherd, I lack nothing. He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he refreshes my soul. He guides me along the right paths for his name’s sake.” Psalm 23:1-3 (NIV)
Jesus is your shepherd who leads and cares for you. God wants you to experience His goodness. Psalm 23 explains the ways God wants to show his goodness in your life. All of these benefits are available to you because God is good.
When you truly understand God’s goodness as revealed in Psalm 23, it will strengthen your faith. You will be able to say:
- God will meet all my needs; there’s no reason to worry.
- God will help me rest and find peace.
- God will refresh and replenish me when I am drained.
- God will guide me to make right decisions.
- God will be with me on my dark and fearful days.
- God will protect me and keep me safe.
- God will support me, even if I am surrounded by conflict.
- God will give me his favour.
- God will fill me with more blessing than I can imagine.
- God will secure my future and take me to heaven one day.
The biggest cause of stress in your life is the lack of focusing on God’s goodness. When you choose to trust in God’s goodness, you’ll be able to face your struggles with hope and renewed faith.