What are you saying?
“Death and life are in the power of the tongue...” - Proverbs 18:21
[You] shall have whatsoever [you] saith.” – Mark 11:23b
1. It is not just what you see and know that win the victory but what you say and do
A stress-free marriage is not a miracle. You simply birth it.
To attain a stress-free marriage, you first have to believe it in your heart.
You must lay up the WORD of God in your heart and soul and bind it upon your hand. The WORD must be stored in your heart until it is in excess
2. ”Conceal and Conceive the word of God in your heart”
After conceiving the word of God in your heart, you need to bring forth a glorious marriage with the words of your mouth.
It is not enough to carry His WORD in your heart, you must sow the WORD through speaking. “Death and life are in the power of the tongue” (Prov. 18:21).
3. ”One very important fact is that, Words are not just a means of communication, they are creative”
- Much more than just an expression of thoughts, Words are creative. The Scripture says, “By the WORD of the LORD were the heavens made; and all the host of them by the BREATH of His mouth” (Ps. 33:6 Emphasis added).
He made the heavens by His WORDS. That is created the whole World we have today by the words that proceeded from His mouth.
The same principle is applicable in Every life and marriage today. The words that we speak are key to unlocking a glorious and fulfilled marriage.
4. ”An argument free marriage is also possible; if we believe and declare it every day of our lives.” “For the kingdom of God is...righteousness, peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost” (Rom. 14:17).
For this to manifest in our lives, speaking the word has to become part of our everyday lives. There is power in the repetitive practice of ingesting the word of God and speaking the word of God over your marriage, life, children and all that concerns you
5. "The truth about the matter is that you may have to declare the word for months or years before significant changes are seen. “In consistency lies the power,”.
When the Lord spoke to the hypocritical fig tree in Mark 11:14, “No man eat fruit of thee hereafter forever,” the physical change wasn’t immediate but the Bible records when the change occurred, it was evident for all to see.
The same way you do not give up on yourself or your pursuits of life, don’t give up on applying these principles to your marriage.
And May the Power in first of all believing, then conceiving and then Speaking the Word of God over your life and Marriage Manifest its Glorious fruit over your life and future today!
By Martin and Derin Fatola. Summarized by Tinuke Oyegbami.